Terms and Conditions
Prize Draw Overview
Minimum Age: 16
Prize Draw End date: 31st August 2010
Prize Draw date: 1st of September 2010
Prize Draw claim expiry: 31st October 2010
Territories: Only open to UK residents
Number of prizes / winners possible: 1
Eligible entries must have successfully planned an ideal day out and shared it online with at least 10 friends.
Event values are notional and estimated based on research carried out in March 2010.
Event descriptions are offered as a guide only and may change on the day.
Your final day may differ from the one created.
Terms, Conditions and Rules
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Prize draw Notices (as defined below) are the Prize draw Rules ("Rules") and apply to prize draws on IDEALDAYOUT.COM, unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Prize draw is organised by Net Communities Limited of Greenhill House, 4th Floor 90-93 Cowcross Street London EC1M6BF United Kingdom.
3. Any additional rules specific to each Prize draw will be displayed in a notice on the page for such Prize draw and are incorporated into the Rules.
4. Net Communities reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize draw or the Rules without notice. In the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside its reasonable control, the prize draw may automatically be withdrawn. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Prize draw Notice page.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Prize draw, the decision of Net Communities shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
6. Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of Net Communities or any company involved in the Prize draw or any advertising agency or web company connected with the Prize draw or any such person’s subsidiary or associated companies, are not eligible to enter the Prize draw. Net Communities reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if it is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Prize draw, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence will be required if the Prize draw prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire. These will be set out in the Prize draw Notice.
8. By entering the Prize draw, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Net Communities reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
9. The address you provide with your prize draw entry will be used to send any prizes. Unless stated otherwise in the Prize draw Notice, Prize draws are only open to residents of the United Kingdom and you are not entitled to enter the Prize draw if you are resident outside of the United Kingdom. Where a Prize draw is open to entrants from outside the United Kingdom, you are not entitled to enter the Prize draw if you are resident in a country or jurisdiction where the Prize draw may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, Net Communities' invitation to enter the Prize draw in such country and/or jurisdiction is withdrawn.
10. Where a Prize draw is open to all age groups, Net Communities assumes that by using the website and entering the Prize draw (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Prize draw and these Rules. If a Prize draw is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be set out in the Prize draw Notice and Net Communities assumes that by entering the Prize draw (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter the Prize draw).
11. Net Communities reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
12. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Prize draw, Net Communities in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
13. Unless stated otherwise in the Prize draw Notice, you may enter the Prize draw as many times as you like however where a winner has been selected and Net Communities discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has used any software or automated process either to answer questions or to make bulk entries, Net Communities may select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
14. Prize draw entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified on the Prize draw Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
15. There is no purchase requirement to enter a Prize draw and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
16. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, Net Communities does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
17. Unless stated otherwise in the Prize draw Notice, prize winners will be chosen at random from all correct Entries (for prize draws involving answering questions or where entry is by emailing or otherwise providing a name and/or contact details to Net Communities) or from all submitted entries (where creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria apply to entries (unless these are being judged as set out in the Prize draw Notice)), within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Prize draw Notice. Tie-breakers will be judged by Net Communities and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and Net Communities shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
18. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Prize draw Notice (and may be contacted by Net Communities or Net Communities' nominated supplier(s)). Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Prize draw winner(s)’ names may be published on the web site or you can write to Prize draw Prize Winners, Net Communities, Greenhill House, 4th Floor 90-93 Cowcross Street London. EC1M6BF United Kingdom naming the specific prize draw including a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners.
19. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Prize draw Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
20. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Net Communities reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
21. Prizes are awarded at Net Communities' discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where Entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, Net Communities and/or the Prize draw judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Prize draw if Entries are not of the requisite standard.
22. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Prize draw Notice and must be observed. Net Communities reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
23. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries 26. Net Communities does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership of your Entry and, although Net Communities will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear on the website and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Prize draw. If you win a prize, as a condition to receipt of that prize, you may be required to sign a release form in connection with the prize-winning submission.
24. In consideration of Net Communities agreeing to consider entrants to the Prize draw, each entrant hereby agrees that Net Communities (and third parties authorised by Net Communities) may make any and all Entries available on the website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and that Entries may be made available with advertising and/or sponsorship. You now grant Net Communities (and third parties authorised by Net Communities) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
25. Net Communities does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Net Communities may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
26. Your Entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Net Communities reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
27. Net Communities cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Prize draw or as a result of accepting any prize. Net Communities is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Prize draw. Nothing shall exclude Net Communities’ liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
28. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Net Communities reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
29. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Net Communities for a reasonable period after the Prize draw closes to assist Net Communities to operate prize draws in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Prize draw.
30. By entering the prize draw, entrants agree to have their email addresses shared with the supplier of the prize draw prize(s).
31. The Prize draw and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Net Communities makes no representation that materials on the Site relating to this Prize draw are appropriate or available for use at other locations and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the Site outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
32. You can contact us in relation to any Prize draw by writing to Ideal Day Out, Net Communities, Greenhill House, 4th Floor 90-93 Cowcross Street London EC1M6BF United Kingdom.